My Polyvore.

Monday, December 8, 2014

Cramming

Hey! You know what time of year it is if I’m writing a blog. Yep I’ve finished uni for the year. In fact today I got my results and I’m very happy with them especially since I got a HD for a unit for the first time ever!
My brother and I had a bit of a anime movie session; we watched two -Hotarubi no Mori e and Byousoku 5 Centimeter. I was expecting them both to be amazing, but I was a little disappointed. I didn't really like the latter, but I did like the former, just not as much as I was expecting.

You know what, I’ve been watching a lot of TV shows since I started my break. I started watching Downtown Abbey again and also got my mum hooked. After that, I finished watching Avatar the Last Airbender and started Legend of Korra, which I am really enjoying. Of course it’s not as good as Avatar, but it’s still really great and now that I’m up to date I have that feeling of not knowing what to do with my life haha. I also watched another anime called Hakuouki which I also enjoyed, and that got me in the feels quite a bit, which is good. For me, I judge things on their ability to get me emotionally attached to the characters and they become real and not characters anymore (Sarah’s quality control system). So I always pick things that puncture my heart and make me want to die (I’m constantly looking for new otps) because my life is so pedestrian #seriousmentalproblems.

I have also been sewing a bit, which is nice. I’ve a nice collection of some really cool patterns which I hope to all make. So far thought, I’ve sewn a 60s A-Line dress (which I love, but haven’t had a chance to wear it), just a plain black skirt, some stuff for the house and most recently I attempted to make another dress. However this dress has been causing me a lot of grief and I’ve given it up, and its all down to the zip. It doesn’t matter now because I bought fabric today to start a new dress which I have been waiting to start ever since I got the pattern below). I’m making the coral coloured one, but in a navy, dotted and small flowered pattern (it sounds a bit crazy, but its pretty simple).
Style Sewing Pattern 2139 Misses Dress Sleeve Variation Retro Vintage 1977
Oh and just while we’re on the subject of handmade clothes, I finished my cardigan ages ago, but only wore it in public for the first time a couple of weeks ago. And also on this vein, I’ve become addicted to lipstick and perfume.

In exciting news, my brother is getting this super fast gaming computer. Which means that I will be able to properly play the Sims again and that means I can continue my amazing family tree. Have I mentioned it on here? Regardless, here’s a refresher, I’ve had this sims family that I’ve kept going with for 10 generations now, where all the sims I’ve created are named after musicians, actors, characters etc that I like. I'm very proud of it and I hope to continue it for a long time.

So what happened, was the computer that I’ve got it all on at the moment started glitching up and I haven’t been able to fix it so I haven’t played in ages. But once my bro gets his new computer it won’t glitch and I will be able to play yay! The only problem I have is that I’m running out of female names!!
Also, this year I’m really sucking at doing my reading challenge. But I just feel I haven’t had the chance and throughout the year I wasn’t as motivated to be reading other books. Like it took me like two months for me to finish Persuasion, I’d pick up the book before bed and read a page and be over it. However once the holidays started, I started reading again. And even though I probably won’t finish the 8 I need I’ll try my best (and then lower it to the amount I’ve read #sorrynotsorry)

oH AND I READ THE LAST SKULDUGGERY PLEASANT BOOK!! To be completely honest – and I was thinking about it this morning - I was really disappointed with it. Well actually its the ending I’m not happy with. I feel like it didn’t actually end and the book was part of something in the middle. And, for me personally I think some parts could have been taken out, some more developed and some added in to be more resolved. But anyway I’m not the author.

Looking over this post I realise that I’ve been trying to cram a lot of things into my spare time (because I’m working 5 days a week at work because my other boss/friend has gone to India and I’m filling all her shifts). It’s not working too well, but oh well I’ll just have to take everything as it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment