My Polyvore.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy new year

It’s 15, 16 minutes into the new year. Happy new year. I had initially started this post as a classic ‘whut i’m posting not at the end of the uni semester’ but that was this afternoon and now its just after midnight. With that first sentence I feel like I’m writing a story and so I feel sorta weird writing, like I’m trapped between two sides of writing; writing for a particular purpose and just writing down crap that just comes to mind (aka my blog). I blame this on the fact that I’m reading Gone Girl, because yeah the characters are supposed to be expressing/writing down their own thoughts, but it’s actually the author writing pretending to be these people. Ok I better stop before this gets philosophical.

Lately I’ve been watching a lot – and I mean a lot – of anime. I hadn’t really realised how many I’ve watched until I decided to get an My Anime List account. Compared to my brother my list is pretty small, but most of the watching was done only in the past couple of weeks.

It’s all I’ve really been watching. Only before was I watching a ‘normal’ tv show; its Da Vinci’s Demons. I’ve only watched one episode but I like it. And it’s pretty interesting because for once, watching a program based on history, I actually know the people they’re talking about (thanks to uni).

All the while I’ve been watching anime, I’ve been making clothes. I made a dress (the one that I included a picture of the pattern in the previous post), skirt and shorts. I’m pretty happy with all of them. Oh but the other day I spent $70 on fabric at spotlight. Whoops. And then I went in a bought some patterns two days later (but they only cost $10 and were on special from $40, so don’t even tell me that’s not a bargian). Ok, well I’m too lazy to go on, so farewell, enjoy the first day of the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment