My Polyvore.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Words?

I originally started doing a post reflecting on my first year of uni and doing a sorta 101, but I soon got bored and felt like a bit of a douche.

Now that I’ve finished uni, I can start working on my Goodreads reading challenge. This year I set it at 40 books, but I’m not going too well and I blame that on uni.

I thought that as soon as I finished school and started uni, I would have heaps of time to read. Boy was I wrong. We have to do so many readings for each subject, each week and plus I had books to read for literature.

This is really bad because I think I have a problem with buying books. Despite my inability to find time to read my books, I still buy them. And generally I don’t just buy one, no, I buy in friggen bulk. There is one exception however and that is when the books are full-priced-non-bargain-bin-second-hand-super-booksale books.

Anyway, hopefully now that I’m stopping literature I’ll have a bit more time to do my own reading. Eh, probably not considering I’m doing history, but I can hope.

I just started reading To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf and so far I’m liking it. All though the stream of consciousness is always hard to grasp, I’m liking it better than Mrs Dalloway.  I read Mrs Dalloway for lit, but I didn’t really like it that much because I found the central events (the whole party thing) so boring despite the scream of consciousness to keep it interesting.

Speaking of writing methodologies (sorta) I’ve just been looking through some of my old post, like circa 2010 and my god, my grammar and writing was so horrible! I feel really embarrassed, especially when I stumbled off a post about one of my old fan fics, which led me to follow the post to the good old THF. But some of the stuff I found there… god it’s a surprise they let me post it considering they have mods to check the chapters before they’re published. At least that’s in the past now, because check out this grammar!!

But looking at my old THF page made me want to start writing again, so maybe I might just start! It could be what I do in the Philippines for the holiday in Feb….

Ok bye, I’m going to have a look in the ol’ fic folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment