My Polyvore.

Monday, March 5, 2012

A film called ‘The Fall’

Last night, after many long weeks eagerly searching for a copy, my brother and I finally were able to watch the film ‘The Fall.’

2409919628_8a712001e9The Falls set in the 20’s hospital and bedridden man “entertains a curious little girl by telling her a fantastical story of exotic heroes and far off places which reflects his state of mind.”

Lee Pace who plays the character of Roy, the bedridden man, is brilliant, and he’s a bit of a sight for sore eyes. But the real show stopper for me is Catinca Untaru who plays the little girl Alexandria. I’m not sure if it was her accent, or her cuteness in general, but she just captivate me.

Now this is a truly beautifully film. The cinematography is absolutely stunning. A lot of the film takes place in the desert or in palaces which are things spectacular in themselves, but even the most simple things, for example in the hospital ward are just shot so wonderfully. Maybe I just have a weak spot for the nostalgia (being set in the 20’s) and palaces in the desert because this film is not without fault.

If the dialogue was improved just that much and it ran more coherently, this could easily could have been one of the most amazing things ever to be made. The basis for the plot is absolutely brilliant, so it’s a bit of a shame really. None less, I insist you watch because it’s too good to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment