My Polyvore.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Updates 20.11

Lovin’ the witty of the title eh? That reminds me (good to see that my rambling’s still there) I wonder how long it takes to come up with the titles of articles? Seeing as I aspire to become a journalist, it’s good that I’m practicing early.

So first, Happy New Year. How was yours? Mine was pretty boring, but that alright, I’m not going to dwell on the boring parts of my life, I’ll get to the more…interesting parts.

So it’s the holidays, but already it’s been a month! I have just over a month to go before I’m back to school, however, I do want this time to go a little fast as I am going to Big Day Out (a massive music festival) and a day after I start school, Two Door Cinema Club.

So what have I been doing to keep my self preoccupied these holidays? Well other than the usual writing of stories and going on the computer for most hours of the days, I’ve been reading.

What exactly have I been reading? Well currently, I am reading Frankenstein by Mary Shelly (scroll down to read a quite interesting thing about knowledge, yes it actually has to do with the book)

In these past weeks, I’ve read so much more than I usually do. I’ve read Book 1 to 4 of Harry Potter (I have now officially become a member of Team Hogwarts. I always have enjoyed the movies, but I never read the books – however I do have the 2nd one, and I remember trying to read it as I watched the movie, lol. So I decided to read them and yeah I’m obsessed. In no time, I’ll be probably writing fan fiction xD) I read Perfume by Patrick Suskind (thoroughly enjoyed it and now I must watch the moive) yesterday I finished Night by Elie Wiesel, which I am to study next year for school but I still enjoyed it. Also along with Frankenstein, I’m reading The Bell Jar by Silvia Plath for school.

I forgot to say, the other thing that I have been doing these holidays is buying books! I just can’t stop, lol and I still have a list that I have to buy. So here’s a list of the books that I have on my shelf that have to be read in no particular order -

  • Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
  • Harry Potter 5-7. I haven’t actually got them yet, but as I started to read the series, my brother thought he should too and so he decided that for xmas he would get the box set so we ordered it online for him and tomorrow when I get the mail, it will be waiting :) And yeah as soon as I get them I’ll start, so I’ll try and finish Frankenstein tonight.
  • Oxygen by Carol Cassella
  • King Dork by Frank Portman
  • The Dark Flight Down by Marcus Sedgwick
  • Living in the Maniototo
  • Gypsy Hearts by Robert M. Eversz
  • A Tale Of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
  • Gothic! Ten Original Dark Tales but Various authors
  • The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (and other stories) by Roberts Louis Stevenson
  • A Sense of the World by Jason Roberts
  • The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde

Got quite a list eh? I’m trying to read a much as I can these holidays. Some of the books you may have never heard of as they are from a discount book store, but then others are a part of my gothic story quest and some of my love of 19th century books.

Now that I’ve read a few books set in and around the 19th century, I have realised that I kinda love it. I love the books, the clothes, just everything about it.

While I’m at it, I’ll inform you of my to buy list -

  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
  • Animal Farm by George Orwell
  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

So I was going to go on about my writing but I shall bore you no more.

All right, peace.

xx. Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment