My Polyvore.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Yesterday, today, tomorrow

I decided to write a quick blog before I start editing the drafts of my assignments because I'm just feeling really happy at the moment. This is something which I attribute to the weather. I sat outside in the sun listening to Foals new record (what a ripper, let me tell you) and colouring in one of those de-stress books. I'm so glad that it's social acceptable to use colouring books. I got a Japan one and a Paris one, and there's so many more I want, but I dream of getting a William Morris one (I just goggled it and this exists!!).

I'm pretty happy with my Korean progression considering that since I started going to uni I haven't started level two of TTMIK (an amazing and free resource -minus the textbooks- for learning Korean, 10/10 would recommend), so I've just been revising and trying to increase my vocab. I'm mainly happy with my progress because I can now read and understand Hangul, which I'm really proud of.  The problem is 95% of the time I have no idea what it means.

Actually learning Korean has inspired me to revise my Italian. Last week I actually wrote a couple of diary entries in my diary that I've had for five years! It was interesting looking back and the entries and seeing how my handwriting had changed. There was even a diary entry of my first day of work, which made me very nostalgic.

Now that I think of it, I've been very nostalgic this past week, today in particular. I read a letter that I got from my brothers grade three teacher who I've been writing to for 10 years, and we both can't believe that it's been 10 years since we've met. It's so weird to think back to that time because even though I'm 20 now, I still feel like the same person I did when I was 10. I think back to my thoughts about something back then, and still feel the same way today.  For example, I remember going to my cousins wedding when I was 9 and being worried about looking fat, which is something I do every day now, but when I really think about it, it's something that I've constantly done throughout my life (not to mention that it's crazy that I was concerned about that sort of stuff at that age. Thanks society).

But at the same time, I'm looking to the future and I think for the first time in my life I feel confident in what my future holds after uni and I'm really excited. I've decided that I will vlog about my life and stuff and more importantly do gig and album reviews. Don't worry I'll still keep blogging on this ol' blog here, because who knows, people actually might start reading it.

I promise too once I get some time, I will write that Korean underground post, but let me tell you, it will be quite a task because literally every day I'm discovering new artists. It'll be a labour of love though because I just love sharing music with other people.

Oh I got Big Bang tickets and I just know how good a night it's going to be, especially since I'm making a costume (T.O.P's blue suit from the Doom Dada film clip). And I'm going to make sure that T.O.P sees it and I get on the Big Bang tour report video.

I leave you with this dope track released just two day that features a heap of cameos of some great rappers to give you a taste of what's to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment