My Polyvore.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

School, musicians and vampires.

Hi there. Just another, you know, one of those update blogs trying to make up for never posting. So, where should I start? Maybe the thing that has taken most of my spare time.

I had started writing a pretty, for lack of a better word, deep discussion about how lucky I am that I go to school in Australia, but I thought that it might be a good thing for a competition thing (yes I'm full of competitions aren't I?) so in time I will give you the link to that when I get around to posting it. So back to the topic - the thing that has taken most of my spare time is in fact my schooling.

It is just under two weeks till it is exam week, and for the last four weeks, I have had at least one SAC (School Assessment Criteria - I'm not really sure why it's criteria, it should be task) a week. So I haven't had as much time to do my normal activities, such as doing nothing. It's funny because in between every sentence or so I'm looking back to my Italian homework that is resting on my knee. But do you know what, my time hasn't actually all been full of revising, I've actually been reading about vampires.

Yeah, roll you eyes, throw you shoes at the screen, but if you just heard me out, maybe you can reconsider. I think I should first say that I like vampires, I actually don't mind Twilight, the movies are alright, but I don't have any motivation to read the books. Secondly, I was into vampires before they became commercial and thirdly I have read Dracula which is essentially the beginning of vampires. Ok, so enough about that, what novel have I been reading exactly? Well technically it's not a novel, it's a thing called a manga.

If you don't know, a manga is pretty much a Japanese comic. They're about the size of a normal novel of around 150-200 pages. But you know what the coolest thing is? They're backwards - as in they read from right to left. When I say backwards, I mean for Australian books. Now this manga is called Vampire Knight. Yeah, that's where the vampire comes from. It is set in a high school called Cross Academy. There are two classes at Cross Academy, the day class - normal students - and the night class- vampires! The story follows Yuki Cross, 15, and Zero Kiryu, 17, who are guardians of the school, and it's their "duty to protect the secret of the night class." Another character I should mention is Kaname Kuran, 18. He is the president of the night class, and well lets just say he's a main character. It sounds really stupid and boring, but actually it's very dramatic, I just don't want to give too much away. If you don't feel like reading, maybe you should check out the anime (cartoon TV show) besides, it's what me hooked in the first place.

And for the last topic mentioned in the title; musicians. I am so very excited for Patrick Wolf's new album Lupercalia. What has made me even more excited is the release of a new video for House. Oh and I've decided that I'm going to marry Faris of the Horrors, and Cat's Eyes. Sarah Badwan has a nice ring to it don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment