My Polyvore.

Monday, March 28, 2011

From the archives.

I know, it’s been a while. I’ve been meaning to post something, but it just hasn’t happened. So I’ll make it up to you by posting something awesome.

On Sunday night I watched
La Vie En Rose (Life in Pink) which is based off the life of French singer Edith Piaf.

Has anyone seen Inception - as in the one from 2010? Well first off, if you haven’t you should, but if you have, you’ll know that music plays before the kick (people who haven’t seen it, go see it and in the movie you’ll be like ‘Oh, that’s what she was talking about!’) well the song is in French and it’s called Non, je ne regrette rien. Guess who is the singer? Well done, it’s Edith! You get a cookie!

  • Ok, so well I’ll give you a little more info about her.
  • She was born on the 19th of December 1915.
  • She is regarded as Frances greatest singer.
  • She was very poor and sang on the streets before she was discovered.
  • She had a child when she was 17 she had a Marcelle who died at two.
  • She died of liver cancer on the 11th of October 1963. (It was claimed, at her funeral procession, it was the only time since the end of WW2 that that Parisian had come to a stop!)

Ok, now about the movie
. Even though if you don't speak French, you'll have to read subs, I totally recommend the movie! Marion Cotillard is amazing as Edith - don't take my word for it, she won an Academy Award for it! The movie shows that, all the successful people come from the bottom and work their way up!

No comments:

Post a Comment